Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Foundations

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It Here goes a HUGE secret of mine.

I LOVE SPANX...There I said it...I am in love with layers of spandex that shape and smooth and make me feel amazing.

All because of this woman right here.

As seen here on Oprah

This woman is a genius!! Who is this you ask?? Sara Blakely that's who!! Through her invention of Spanx undergarment line she has allowed women and men (that's right men love them too) of all sizes to be able to feel amazing under their clothes. Her designs smooth your shape to allow that little black dress to flow just right and your jeans that smooth look.

I truly believe that in order to feel good in clothes the most important step is what we put on first. Starting with bra's that fit right, no sagging boobs, torpedo's or the infamous back cleavage from a bra that is way too tight, even better the twin muffin tops from a cup to small. The best gift as a woman you can give yourself is a properly fitting bra. Yes, ladies that means having someone fit you!! Most stores out there have an assigned bra fitter, just ask if you are not sure.

I buy my bras from Lane Bryant. I wear a 42DDD so in general its hard for me to find a good fitting bra so when I do I always hit up their Semi-annual Buy 2 get 2 free bra sale which is actually taking place now until January 16th!!

Since discovering LB dating back to my senior year in high school, I have bought all my bras there AND I will admit to a slight addiction to my bras...You can never have enough right?? Anyways...I buy these for my everyday wear and these for when I need a smaller strap. They are both comfortable and totally lift and separate.

I have been asked many times where I  find a strapless bra that actually works, well after much failure, aka paying 90 bucks for a bra that made me look like I was Madonna from her Blonde Ambition tour back in the 80's yeah you know the one!! I found the PERFECT strapless bra made by Cacique from Lane Bryant as seen here. Bra6 is amazing, with the ability to be worn 6 different ways and most important the lift and hold of a normal bra. Here is the trick to wearing it. Don't try to put it on like a normal bra, put it on like you would a t-shit arms first and slip it over your head then shove those babies in. Because of the back panel having two side closures its so much easier to put it on and adjust that way.

So I suggest if you aren't already wearing the right bra go soon...LIKE NOW...well after you are done reading...get fitted and see how amazing a good bra feels.

So now on to my FAVE undergarment!!

This right here is my all time favorite piece of slim wear


Add caption
What is this you say?? SLIM COGNITO that's what!!

The best 76 bucks I have ever spent. I know that seems like a alot but you can not go wrong with it. Spanx labels this with super duper hold. HA HA perhaps that is why I love it so. But really its amazing, I probably wear it with 90 percent of my outfits. It smooths and holds and lifts my booty. I don't wear the silly bra strap things, I don't feel there is a need to with a good pull it doesn't roll down at all or roll up at the knees even better. It comes in sizes Small-3x it can be purchased online through Spanx.com or in certain stores as well as online through Lane Bryant for my plus size ladies.

There are so many different options for slim wear that range from light hold to my oh so favorite super duper hold. Find what is comfortable for you and makes you feel FAB!!

Have a wonderful day and don't forget...BRA FITTING!!

Much love,

Lauren



1 comment:

  1. :P Already had a bra fitting! lmao!! And I was pleasantly surprised to find I was actually already wearing the correct size! They say something like 80% of women wear the wrong size bra. I was happy to find out I was in the 20% wearing the correct size. lmao!! They also say a bra has a life span of 180 days. So if you haven't bought a bra in a while, go stock up now!

    ReplyDelete