Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It So FRUSTRATED....


That was the text I received yesterday...Two words felt most when shopping.

"How glorious it would be if we were not plus sized and were able to walk into any store and they only problem was...What color?" She said

She is soooo right!!!!!

Close your eyes, envision your local mall. Now tell me how many plus size stores there are. For me NONE!! Now think of how many retailers offer their line to sizes 16+ I can think of three. Sears, Macy's and JcPenney all with less than 10 racks of clothes that are less than appealing. I mean if large shapeless knitted garments are your thing well YAY for you but 99.99 percent of plus size woman want what everyone else is getting. Great fitting, stylish clothes that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Why have retailers missed this mark?

No wonder we walk around feeling shitty about ourselves. We can't find anything to wear!! How much better would you feel about yourself if you could walk into the Gap at a size 22 and purchase the same cute trendy sweater the girl who a size 6 is wearing?? Probably amazing.

Don't get me wrong I love the stores that I am able to go to. Lane Bryant, Avenue, Torrid. But really thats all I got? Come on world wake up!!! I don't want to hide myself I want to embrace it. I want to do more than peruse online companies to chance that something might fit right and have to deal with the return process. I want to walk out from the mall with more than bags from Yankee candle and damn accessories from Charlotte Rouse.

Ok I maybe reaching here but if you are going to listen to what us plus size ladies want, do us a favor use actual plus size measurements. Take into consideration, hips, thighs, butts. Realize that not every size 18 waist has the same size legs or rear. Customize your clothes to the real woman.

Am I alone here?? I want your feedback. I want to know what you need from manufacturers, what you want to see designed, what you feel you are missing out on. Together perhaps, one voice at a time we can be that change we want to see!!!

I look forward to hearing from you!!

Much love,

Lauren

12 comments:

  1. I want jeans that are truly petite!! Yes, as all us plus size ladies know, petite has nothing to do with small, it simply means short. Then why is it I buy petite and still I end up stepping on the backs of my pant legs??? I'm not even that super short! I'm 5'4! I really feel for the people shorter than me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren:

    How right you are! I want to be able to go into multiple stores and have access to cute, fashionable clothes just like a size 0 can. I want retailers to make size 12 clothing that doesn't make me look older than my almost 30 years. And I want the same retailers to stock these clothes at the front of the racks, storefronts, etc. Don't make us have to dig fir clothes that fit which makes you feel even more self conscious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!! Its aggrivating. Karen i know what you mean on the other end. Being tall i am always inbetween lengths, its either high waters or too long. I really think we should ban together a focus group for these damn retailers lol or someone should give me a few hundred thousand to start my own line hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel you on that SO much, I'm happy with the evolution in plus size brands, names, stores and sizes. When I was young...shopping was the WORST! But I can go out now and find something every time! Im happy with that...so another few years of the curvy revolution, and we will soon have our wish!

    xx
    K
    cruiserolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def agree on yesteryear, oh my good what a hot mess i was preLB. I survived in oversized mens jeans from the gap and their hooded sweatshirts lol! Even then i wanted that damn size 6 sweater all the girls were wearing lmao! Its a slow evoltuion and its coming, til then frustrations rise! In our area the closest LB Torrid is an hour away, when you want a quick go to, we are empty handed. Soon baby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again.. Let me moan and groan to ya.. :) ...I'm not your "typical" plus size chick.. I have thin legs and arms.. and a flat irish butt lol.. it is so hard to find pants that fit in a LB.. or Avenue.. and other "plus size" sections of the store.. and shirts that fit a LARGER chest.. oh yeah i'm 5'3.5 UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only plus size has the issue, TALL is an issue. They pants are never long enough, the shirts are not long enough in the arms or torso, nevermind cute and fashionable. While there are a few more stores that carry tall women, they never seem to have a good fitting pair that is reasonably priced, some cannot afford a $5o and up for a piece of clothing. Lets talk shoes, when you have a size 12, you are not meant to look fashionable or cute apparently. They are rearly cute or fashionable, never mind fun and flirty. I have been saying for a long time I want to open a clothing store for the tall and small (short) in a range of sizes at reasonable prices, it is extremely frusterating on my end as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, I totally understand that. I am 5'10 alot of times I have issues with pants, I also have size 11 foot. I am not sure what size you are but I know Ashley Stewart offers their clothing line starting at size 10 and their talls are legit talls I have to have them hemmed lol!! Their prices arent bad and let me tell you their jeans are a God send!!
    For shoes, have you ever been to the Avenue? I was just in there yesterday and they had the cutest shoes. their heels are small less than 2 inches. They have awesome boots too and they go to a size 13! and ALWAYS have size 12 in stock!!
    Thank you for your input its cpmforting to know we arent alone as women!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want pants that are big enough to fit my large behind but are made for someone with a waistline! So tired of having to alter the waist or suck it in with a belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Right fit by Lane Bryant?? They have fits for all different shapes. Good Luck!

      Delete
  10. Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too Fantastic. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great website.
    Premier Rehydrant Spray, Gallon

    ReplyDelete