Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hello Ladies!!

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It I have been thinking about writing a blog for years, So here I go I am FINALLY doing it!!

I am coming here with so many ideas but my main focus is acceptance. I want all of us ladies to start accepting ourselves. So much time we spend hating on what we see in the mirror, the clothes we wear, our hair, our makeup or lack of, the sagging in our breasts, the folds of our skin, the microscopic lines you think are forming around your eyes, or whatever else negative image you have formed in that brain of yours...


ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

 
We need to stop with this self hate and learn to accept what we have been blessed with. That's right girl I am saying this size 24/26 bootie is a BLESSING!!

Now hold up don't roll your eyes, I know exactly what you are thinking, isn't this the girl who is the first to crack a joke about herself? Isn't this the girl who used to complain and whine about her appearance. You are right but that is the old me I am going to learn to push those insecurities away. I am on a movement, a movement of strength. Gone are the days of self hate. I would love to see you feel the same!

So when you see new posts, what you will find will range from outfit ideas, favorite trends, deals and steals at my favorite store and positive uplifting words to inspire us all to love ourselves.

Every week I am going to post an OOTW (outfit of the week) and GASP*** its going to be a full length shot!

That's right ladies I'm gonna bear it all not just a picture of the shoulders up! What inspired me to do this is an amazing woman Jessica Kane of lifeandstyleofjessica.com she is a leader in the plus size community. She started the full body photo project on her site and it has formed an amazing support group with thousands of women showing off their amazing selves in full photo form! Beautiful women showing it all heads, shoulders, knees and toes!!

I look forward to sharing with all of you and I want to hear feedback, I want to hear your stories too!

Love,

Lauren

9 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment on you blog! BRAVA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Congrats and I second the BRAVA!

    Full body baby. Real is Perfect.
    OXOX
    Jessica Kane
    www.lifeandstyleofjessica.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, you are the real deal when it comes to honesty, being uplifting to others and such an inspiration to all of your family and friends, Awesome, I can't wait to read your next post, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!!

    Jessica...OMG slight heartattack seeing your comment!! Lol!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rock in oll congrats too u ...love pat pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren you are an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren first off let me congratulate you on your self esteem i know its been a long work in progress and i know that we are all guilty of it but you are truly an inspiration!! I will be honest and say i have been envious of your confidence for years only recently have i remotely become comfortable in my own skin and even know i am the first to find my flaws. I am so proud of the things you have done the confidence you developed and the relationships you have fostered with it. I only see good things in your future as im sure everyone else does!!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete