Friday, February 10, 2012

Its been too long

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It When I first started writing I was feeling so liberated. I held my head higher. It was amazing. Then I got distracted.

The holidays came and went, my schedule changed at work, we lost a close family friend and then my daughter just yesterday had surgery. Which that in itself through me over the edge of worry for weeks before. Seeing my baby laying in the OR with her life in someone else hands, no longer in my control. Letting her go and walking away not knowing what they were doing. I had to trust they would take care of her. I knew she would be fine, a small surgery but she  had never been under general anesthesia before and well I am a mom and I do what all Moms do...Worry.

During the operation my husband and I sat quietly in the waiting room. He began to drift into a nap and I stared at the patient screen checking to see any updates on her progress. I had to distract myself from worry so I pulled out my phone and began reading my old blogs. Resolutions hit me. I realize I have been slipping back into my old routine. I am not taking time for myself whether its a long walk or quiet time writing. I need to find that focus again. I have been keeping a confident mind. I still feel good about myself. I still dress the part. I am forever scrounging through my clothes to find a new outfit and watching the sales racks to put a new look together. I just have been putting a hold on taking a deep breath and relaxing for me.

So this weekend I am going to take advantage of the girls going off to basketball and sit and read a book. Perhaps I will catch up on the three months of cosmo sitting wrapped in plastic on my dresser. I will make myself a hot cup of tea and enjoy it. I deserve it. I am sure you deserve it as well!! Join me in taking an hour and doing what relaxes you.

I am putting it out there I will be posting more, taking more picts and enjoying my own time!! I hope all of you are keeping to your resolutions and if not remember its never to late to start back up!!

Much love!!!

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Lauren,I hope your daughter is feeling better.No matter how big or small a surgery when it comes to our kids we all worry. I still do and my kids are grown .Its something we will always do. Brenda

    ReplyDelete